The COCO Art Gallery
Located at the prestigious Coconut Point Mall in Estero, Florida, the COCO Art Gallery (formerly the Co-operative Art Gallery) is operated by the artists members of the Art Council of Southwest Florida.
The gallery is a year-round venue for exhibiting and selling the work of the artists and craftspeople who are members of the Art Council's 22 affiliate organizations. Gallery website: cocoartgallery.com.
The artists and craftspeople who exhibit their work at the COCO Art Gallery serve one day each month to welcome visitors, answer questions, and handle sales. The first Monday of each month, a majority of the work is changed out with new offerings, providing an enticement for return visits by both browsers and prospective buyers.
October through March, on the Thursday following the receiving of new art, the Gallery hosts a reception with wine, and hors d'oeuvres. This is an opportunity for residents to become acquainted with the gallery and meet some of the artists.
Gallery address: 8074 Mediterranean Drive, Estero (next to Panera) in the Coconut Point Mall. Phone: (239) 949-3073.
Gallery Director: Judi Fuchs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Below are LINKS TO PRINTABLE DOCUMENTS for COCO Art Gallery participation:
Inventory List For listing (in Word) artwork for sale, presented at Gallery receiving
Artwork Labels For providing (in Word) specifics for artwork being sold.
Waiver Liability protection for COCO Art Gallery and Art Council
Short-term member exhibits
The Art Council's COCO Art Gallery is available to the member organizations of the Council for short-term exhibits. The exhibits run concurrently with the Gallery's open hours, with sales from the exhibit divided the same way as other Gallery sales: 70% to the artist, the other 30% between the Coconut Point Mall (10%), the Art Council (11%), and the organization at which the selling artist belongs (9%).
As a requirement of the exhibit, a representative of the exhibiting organization should be present in the Gallery each day to greet visitors and answer any questions.
'Featured Artist' presentations
The Gallery Team has initiated a program of inviting artists to be featured at the Gallery. The Council's affiliate members are invited to nominate artists to participate in this program as a way to highlight the outstanding artists in their organization.
The Gallery Team will provide publicity for the "Featured Artist" appearances, which involve a demonstration or simply a discussion of the artist's work.
Individuals and organizations interested in either of these opportunities should contact Gallery Director Judi Fuchs at email@example.com.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Gallery Team meets monthly to establish regulations for the exhibit and sale of work at the gallery by the Art Council's member artists.